The SPOA seeks to promote a positive law enforcement image via various forms of public outreach.
- Provides several competitive academic scholarships to dependents of its members.
- Board members regularly attend numerous civic, political and labor organization events to advance member interests.
- Conducts political activity at local, regional, state and national level to defend existing rights and pursue new or enhanced benefits.
- Hosts a web site for member use and external public relations.
- Board members regularly serve in external organizations that advance member interests.
- Networks with outside individuals and organizations to bring recognition and honor to the profession and to those who have served.