The SPOA negotiates as the official representative in matters pertaining to wages, benefits and working conditions.
- Formally negotiates wages, benefits and work conditions with the City of Sacramento and SPD management. (ACTIVE & ASSOCIATE)
- Response to MOU violations by investigating, researching, and filing grievances. (ACTIVE & RESERVE)
- Conducts “Meet and confer” meetings with the City of Sacramento and SPD management. (ACTIVE & RESERVE)
- Considers mediation and binding arbitration on serious disputes following impasse. (ACTIVE & RESERVE)
- Conducts ongoing research for use in negotiations and labor / management discussions. (ALL)
- Lobbies at the federal, state, and local levels on issues that affect social security, retirement plans, and other benefits. (ALL)
- Pursues opportunities that affect wages, benefits and working conditions outside the MOU. (ACTIVE & RESERVE)Provides current MOU “contract” to its members. (ACTIVE & RESERVE)